We get asked lots of questions. Here are some of our favorites.
- What is crowdfunding? Crowdfunding is the collective effort of people who network and pool their money and other resources together, usually via the internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations. These supported efforts can be anything from disaster relief and non-profit support to political campaigns or startup companies seeking fundraising.
- What kind of stats* are there about crowdfunding? Crowdfunding is a new phenomenon but in a short amount of time it has made a big impact.
– Over $1.6 billion raised for projects, non-profits, and beneficiaries.
– Over 14 million online donors.
– Over 18,000+ projects, non-profits, and beneficiaries have been helped.
*(Since no one has done a crowdfunding study yet, these stats are aggregated based on numbers provided by World Give Day partners, but really someone should do a study about crowdfunding. It would make this much easier.)
- What is the history of World Give Day? Excellent question. World Give Day was born on May 4, 2010, so for all you mathematicians out there, that would make this the third annual World Give Day. Here is a post about the history of World Give Day and what inspired the day.
- Is there someone who can talk to me a little more about World Give Day? Maybe even do an interview? Normally I like to keep a low-profile but in your case I’ll make an exception. You can reach a World Give Day expert at: email@example.com.
- Do you have any fun videos of a person dancing around in a banana costume? Why yes we do, thanks for asking. Here it is.